- All trailing edges sanded to form sharp
- All grooves filled, sanded and rescribed slightly.
- Propeller from ESCI A-1 H
- Motor: Rocker arms and ignition cables added.
- Front of cowling too rounded, so sanded to a less
rounded form (larger radius).
- Cooling flaps cut out and replaced by thin plastic
parts (actually consisting of a ring segment with separate flaps glued on the
outside; inside of cowling filed to necessary angle to accept forward part of
the ring segments).
- Air intakes above and below scratch built.
- Cockpit interior detailed with help of photos, seats
- Canopy clear PVC (moulded over polyester form,
C); rear glazing in principle the same, but with blue tinted PVC; frames and
thin white lines decal strips.
- Lower front part of vertical stabiliser considerably
reduced in thickness; air intake by carving elongated hole and inserting
formed part from tubing.
- Flaps plastic sheet sanded to form.
- Flap levers from ESCI A-1 H (could be hand made).
- Landing gear from ESCI A-1 H, suitably refined.
- Gear wells coated with thin plastic strips.
- Lighting pod polyester with clear part formed PVC (searchlight
reflector formed aluminum, bulb stretched sprue).
- Guns: Stretched tubes from plastic cotton buds, conical
parts inserted from front.
- Navigation lights clear plastic, colour by permanent
ink marker pen (see page "lights").
- White markings sprayed before applying Sea Blue, unit
markings from odd decals.
- Wire antenna thread from stocking/tights.
thoughts and tips for modeling see "Modeling ABC"