- Motor modified (gearbox too long, wrong magnetoes);
- Cooling flaps in cowling cut out and replaced by
scratch built ones (respective front ends in cowling scraped inside to form a
shallow angle into which a ring segment is glued in, individual flaps glued onto);
- Cockpit interior slightly modified with scratch built
additions (esp. intrument panel, bar behind seat);
- Pilot scratch built (torso from odd plastic parts, legs
and arms from bent and carved sprue, head and hands from a "Preiser"
cowboy, headgear putty);
- Windscreen and cockpit hood PVC (see page C);
- Thickened wingtips (tanks) laminated plastic,
protuding tubes (purpose unknown) stretched tube from plastic cotton bud;
- Navigation lights clear plastic with appropriate colour
by permanent ink marker pen (see page "lights").
- Fasteners of belly tank thin plastic strips;
- Markings scratch decal parts.
- Colours (Revell): Again misled by a wrong
profile. Fuselage colour should be "Engine Gray" (FS
newer F6F-5K model
thoughts and tips for modeling see "Modeling ABC"