- Motor modified (gearbox too long, magnetoes wrong);
- Cooling flaps in cowling cut out and replaced by
scratch built ones (respective front ends in cowling scraped inside to form a
shallow angle into which a ring is glued in, individual flaps glued onto);
- Cockpit interior slightly modified with scratch built
additions (esp. intrument panel, bar behind seat);
- Pilot scratch built (torso from odd plastic parts, legs
and arms from bent and carved sprue, head and hands from a toy cowboy
figure, headgear putty);
- Windscreen and cockpit hood PVC (see page C);
- Wings laminated balsa wood (see
picture in German F5F page) with scratch built interiors,
wing hinge plastic eyes and part of a pin;
- Navigation lights clear plastic with appropriate colour
by permanent ink marker pen (see page "lights").
- Main landding gear scratch built (plastic tubes over
- Fasteners of belly tank thin plastic strips;
- Carrier deck and figurines scratch built.
thoughts and tips for modeling see "Modeling ABC"